Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

FISH!

I’m not going to make any friends with this one.

I am so fucking sick and tired of hearing about how down trodden Blacks are in America; of how there aren’t any opportunities. “A black man just can’t get ahead in this world.” That’s fucking bullshit.

This isn’t 1962. This isn’t even close to 1982. There are so many opportunities out there it’s ridiculous. But, you see, here’s the thing…you’ve got to WORK for it.

GASP!

Yeah…I said WORK. If one more person spouts off that rhetoric about how a white man makes more than a black man junk, I may throw my self under a bus. Yes…I’m white. Yes…I make more than most of the black men that work for my company.

“There, you see…white man makes more than a black man.”

Yeah, I’ve also been with the company for 7 years AND I actually show some willingness to accept responsibility.

Here’s a perfect example for why I’m a cynic:

It took me 3 years to get to the position I have now in the company. I started as an entry level warehouse worker. I’ve done every shit job in that warehouse and I know what it takes to get it done. Now, I’m a project manager.

There are several key positions out in the warehouse that have seen some turn-over: Receiving Supervisor, Parcel Shipping Lead, and Quality Control. Each time these positions become available, the company attempts to promote from within. We’re not a union shop (don’t get me started on that bullshit institution), but we do go through the steps of offering the position to those with seniority first.

In the last 5 years, these positions have been open 3 times, not simultaneously…so that’s 9 opportunities for advancement in five years. In regards to seniority, each time these positions have been available, the first three to 5 candidates were all black. Every single time.

Out of 9 opportunities, only twice…TWICE…did a Black man step up to accept higher responsibilities. Every one of those guys had the traits to be a leader, and they passed on it. Even if they didn’t have ANY managerial experience, the company was willing to send them to leadership courses…COLLEGE CREDIT COURSES…and they pussied out.

It’s a God damn disgrace.
“But Kyu, that’s not enough time to come up with an argument like this. You can’t pass judgment on only 5 years worth of data.”

The fuck I can’t…this is my blog…go fuck yourself lefty.

Don’t misconstrue my argument, here. I’m not saying that all black people are self-absorbed, non-motivated, irresponsible sloths. Nope…that ain’t it. That behavior has got NOTHING to do with race….every race has got a bus load of mouth-breathing fuck-tards that need to be driven over a cliff to save the rest of us. My point is that there ARE lots of opportunities out there…and no one is taking them…yet they’re blaming me for being a White guy with a higher paying job.

You can give a man a fish…
You can teach a man to fish…
You can even teach a man how to teach others to fish…

But don’t persecute the teacher for having fish, when the student chose NOT to fish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home