Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Cynical Meatsack, DST edition

My mind is like a shotgun blast from 100 yards today, so "bare" with me...

A couple of posts ago I was semi-braggin about the wireless network I hacked into...I prefer the term piggy-back, thanks DKT. Apparently, I'm a complete amateur compared to what some Brits pulled off in London a few years ago. I have a completely new love for Pringles now.

Indiana just began to observe Daylight Savings Time as of 2am Sunday morning. (I think Arizona is now too.) Great. I wanted to devote a whole post to the nightmare that Microsoft Outlook created for the IT group...but, the events that would have been transcribed from that night are already 6 days old and won't be nearly as funny. However, I'll leave this on the table: If I ever again "volunteer" for any "quick" program fixes that need to take place after hours; I've requested the services of several close friends whose job it will be to kick me repeatedly in the man-sack until I come back to my senses.

This past weekend I attended the National Tattoo Association convention in Cincinnati, OH. I've got one tattoo...so, I felt extremely underdressed. There was some amazing artwork there. Here's a couple of pics:









Medusa










definitely, NOT Medusa.










I've got more, but you get the idea.

I'm currently in Atlanta. Me and the family are headed to the new Aquarium tomorrow. The hotel we're staying at offers free wireless...just like at HOME! They also offer free ant colonies and musty rooms. We switched rooms, but only after my loving wife began counting the ants. "That's 9, Honey...oh, no 10 now." Yeah, fun. Now, we're in a nice clean room but I've still got the itches like Chris Rock in New Jack City. Nothing makes be twitch like the thought of bugs crawling on my skin.

(How many of you just scratched something? Yeah, I thought so.)

10 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Chickie said...

Agh! My head is itchy now!

Have fun at the aquarium. I'm gonna get to check it out at the end of the year. It looks neat.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Mathieu said...

Ok, I did scratch my wrist...

:)

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

You never have one ant.

Nice tattoos on the woman - that'll be super, in ten years she's going to look like a cheap color magazine left out in the rain

I have a tattoo prejudice. My mother drummed into me that only whores and sailors have tattoos. When I see some pretty little nymph with the name of her current boy friend tattooed on her back my mother's words are all I can think of...

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

It’s too bad Pringles will probably never print antenna instructions on their cans. You can't boost wireless capability with a bag from ordinary potato chips.

Arizona doesn't do Daylight Savings.

And some one needs to make a webpage with pictures of what happens to tattoos after 50 years. Okay, so maybe they don't.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger KyuBall said...

Here's an update for those who've asked the $10 million question: What do tattoos look like after they've reached the golden years?

The answer isn't as funny as the question. Fine details are absorbed or abstracted. Images like the Medusa back-piece will look more like the Simpsons in 20 to 30 years if Gilligan doesn't take care of it. Today's tattoo enthusiasts (Sailors and Whores) typically have touch up work done every few years to keep the image fresh, or they have a cover up performed.

I'm a bit of a stickler on tattoos myself, not as bad as Phos, but I can't see myself getting a tattoo of "Thug Life" done across my neck, and anyone who does it ain't right in the head. One day, I'll dedicate a post to this topic.

Cabin Boy - Kyball

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Becky said...

LOL, Amazing how just the thought of ants or bugs or whatever makes us start scratching ourselves.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Mathieu said...

Ugh. tatoos on a 70 years old are not pretty.

Or they are, but pretty ugly.

I have a few myself, on the shoulder. And I'm gonna add some around them. Japanese Kanji.

Hopefully, they'll look a bit good in a few years.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger crallspace said...

Tatoos have always been cool to look at, but I have never seriously considered one. Post a pic of yours...

Funny you mention not liking bugs on your skin... today I had some on me, along with the dirt. Cover yourself in dirt sometime, and welcome the bugs.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh damn you are too fuckin funny, Chris Rock was good as a crackhead, "it be calling me"!!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Where you at man? Miss your blogs. Hope everything is OK!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home