Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Monday, January 30, 2006

America, Home of the FREE

This is the greatest country on Earth.

The more I look around at the stories coming from different areas of the world, the more it solidifies this point of view for me. Sure, we’ve got corrupt politicians, drug gangs, child predators, and Katie Curic.

But when was the last time Pepsi declared a Jihad on Coke for one of those snappy commercials that denounced the “Pepsi Generation”? You don’t see too many Kellogg’s delivery trucks full of C4 crashing into the Post Cereals’ headquarters. I don’t think I’ve read one story of a Viking’s fan strapping pipe bombs to his shorts and diving into a crowd of Cheese Heads. The Pope didn’t issue a religious decree calling for the death of Kevin Smith for his Buddy Christ statue in the movie Dogma?

I can tell this joke:

“Why do all the trees in Indiana lean toward the South?”

“Because Kentucky sucks.”

And I don’t have to worry about a Wildcats alumni kidnapping a Hoosier and cutting off his head.

I caught this story out of Denmark. Apparently, some cartoonists drew a few caricatures of the “Prophet” Mohamed that offended a few people, as in entire Islamic nations.

Now, I’m not sure - I could be wrong, but I don’t think everyone in Denmark and the surrounding countries had a hand in creating these images. However, as we’ve seen with these crazy sand-monkeys, they group all the Vikings into one nice neat package of Norse targets and issue several statements that no one from that area will be safe in the Middle East.

--Side note: Does anyone who looks Danish feel safe traveling in the Middle East? Seriously. 6’ 4” tall, pale white, blond haired men and women walking around Saudi Arabia in wooden shoes…you can’t paint a bigger target than that. Well, maybe if they were wearing Mickey Ears.

I think it’ll come as no surprise that Gaza gunmen claimed that they would attack any Norwegians in the area. Gaza, the peaceful strip of land that it is? Violence there? Say it ain’t so!

Peace in the Middle East is a pipe(bomb) dream. These people have absolutely no concept of what freedom is and they don’t truly want it. They fear it worse than soap and carb free diets. Those that really DO want freedom, move here…then talk shit about the country and burn our flag. Why? Because they can and no one will cut their clits off.

Before I get the hate comments on me for lumping all the followers of Islam into one big Happy Meal™ of targets…it’s my blog, Fuck Off! But, I’ll clarify…when I say THEY…I mean all the zealots who refuse to have a mind of their own and BLINDLY follow a religion and RELIGIOUS LEADERS that promote hate and violence against people who don’t follow their ideals. If you want to write a rebuttal on our nation’s history of doing the same thing – see Native Americans, slavery, Hawaii, and Canadian Football…feel free. But while you’re writing your nice essay on how bad this Country sucks, just remember that in some countries you’d have your hands cut-off and your mouth sewn shut for speaking out against your “leaders”.

For all it's faults, this country still is the greatest this world has ever seen.

10 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Here, here! I'll drink to that. Although I must add, this country seems to be going to the dogs too. People don't understand why the constitution was written anymore, they think it's something to interpret as they wish, when it clearly states, it's not to be interpreted, meaning, it is what it is! FUCK THE FCC! And FUCK THE SUPREME COURT!

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

(slow, sad tune)
America..fuck yeah.


I have never left the continent, but I will say, fuck living in the middle east. IT is a constant war zone. Yes, we have our faults, but the whole pipebomb culture is something I am glad is not prevalent.

I just can't wait til the neo-conservative movement crashes, as is bound to happen in any unsustainable political movement, and I hope we have a legitimate election in 08, along with a promising 3rd party candidate.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

The boys are a bit rabid. The arabs can burn US flags and kill indriscriminatley and allah is down with that, apparently. What does allah look like anyway - don't think I have ever seen a picture. I know jesus is a white guy with blond hair and blue eyes 'cause my sunday school teacher showed me his picture once.

Anyway, I now retaliate. Everytime one of the bastards in the middle East pulls some shit I strap on my koran sandals and go clog dancing in some ground pork. Or play dogshit hopscotch (I am not very good at that one - always seem to land on the dog shit).

The final question, is it kosher to use a strip of bacon for a bookmark in my "Koran for Dummies Book"?

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger kathi said...

Amen, darlin. 100%

Oh, and I love the Indian/Kentucky joke...too funny.

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"For all it's faults, this country still is the greatest this world has ever seen.

i couldn't have said it any better!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And the greatest gift freedom has to offer: When we're in our right minds, we have the power to rid ourselves of corrupt political power without declaring a guerilla-warfare-style revolution.

Our current problem is, we've elected a bunch of dumbfucks and we're up shit creek until the next election.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I never did warm up to that Katie Couric. She creeps me out more than Silence of the Lambs.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Gina said...

Well said sir. I went off a little at my place on this, mainly on the irony of it all.

I kept checking your blog and you hadn't updated, now I have catching up to do! Happy Birthday, btw. Mine is in a week. Aquarians rock the world.

Are you working on your story update?? *poke poke*

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

By the way, nice Katie Curic link. I was disappointed to see the picture of her pulling that mile long train for the highschool football team didn't make it - hell, even Guiness was there but they caught one guy that came around for seconds so they disqualified her.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hating the USA seems to be a fad now. I'm not gonna preach about how free we are, but appreciate this country. Every system starts out amazing then people get to serious or not serious enough. People have too much time to think. When we wrote the Declaration of Independence, we had to do it quick to piss off the Brits. Now we have so much time on our hands that people can figure out how to photoshop Jessica Alba to Pamela Anderson's body and make a plan to sue someone about how their oil stains on the driveway made them slip and get a concussion. A good amount people are stupid, but like the writer said, you would get killed for saying stuff like this in other countries. I love the USA.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home