Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Few and Far Between

I have been blogging since a little before September of 2005. Not very long, but long enough to get the gist of the program and really get a handle on what I like to read and blog about. It all started...

Ok...let me put a little disclaimer in here before people start to rapidly click on the "next blog" button or start cycling through their "favorites" sites...I'm not about to bore you with my history of blogging. I might bore you, but not about what you think I'm going to bore you about...er, something...ok, continue...

...with tpsreports...a blog by a guy that works in the IT department of an office from hell. Don't go there, the archives have been wiped out...but, it got me thinking that I might just be able to write one of these things and be half-way descent. (The wrong half, but it's still a half.)

So...since September I've been boring you folks with my rants and drivel. Up until now, I've been able to avoid the one topic that almost everyone else I've read has posted about at least once. Blogging. Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just seems like when someone gets writer's block, that's the first topic they go to...so, I was really making an effort to avoid it.

Guess I failed, cause here I am with a case of the writer's block and I'm blogging about blogging.

I've got two collaborative blogs that I write for, one you've seen and one you haven't yet. I'm blocked on those as well. I just haven't been inspired enough to write anything...even comments on my other favorite blogs. Ain't feeling it right now...must be the spring weather, but I'm just not as cranky as I have been in the past...which makes for a decidedly un-cynical, cynical meatsack. Funky.

In closing, I leave you with a few questions I've been pondering recently:

Why does the nation care who the next mayor of New Orleans will be?

What the fuck happened to baseball?

(Related topic: Keith Hernadez made an offcolor remark about a woman having no place in the Mets' dugout...a lot of people were surprised by his comments...blah, blah, blah. I've been in a professional baseball club's clubhouse...that's NO place for a woman. The shit those guys do...holy crap. Let me tell you, take a typical frat house, and turn it to eleven. You're damn right that's no place for a woman...unless she's a stripper, a hooker, or a stripper/hooker.)

When is Harry Belafonte going to finally die?

Have the Brokeback Mountain jokes finally stopped?






















(Guess Not)

Why do we want Britney Spears to fail as mother?

When will the entertainment reporters and gossip columnists STOP concatenating celebrity couples names? Bennifer, Bengalina, Tom-Kat...STOP IT, IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING!!!

Wasn't the parade for the San Francisco earthquake just a little bit weird?

Wouldn't you like to get President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President Hugo Chavez Frias, and President Vicente Fox Quesada in a small room and beat them with the handle of a gas pump while singing God Bless America? (No? Maybe it's just me. )

Would you rather do that with Sean Penn, Katie Couric, and Ty Taylor?

One final comment...

Penn Jillette is a no-talent, ass-clown...but Penn & Teller: Bullshit on Showtime is funnier than a sack a rabid weasels strapped the crotch of a pedophile.

10 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger crallspace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Timmy said...

I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have to see the first Brokeback Mountain in order to enjoy the lesbian-orgy sequel.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

I hear they wanted a foursome with the horses, but the horses had better taste than that.

I have some extra rabid weasels if you need them.

 
At 7:53 PM, Blogger Sarah Letnes said...

I think we, as a nation, need to reconsider the "unusual" part of cruel and unusual punishments. I like your rabid weasel idea. And I think that handle-of-a-gas-pump beatings have real merit. Death is too good for Zacharias Moussaoui, even if he does have a first class ticket to Hell.

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Almost forgot - welcome back to the land of Blog, good to read you again.

If your Gerbil wants to upgrade I have a couple grenades leftover from the Shredded Monkey Blog...

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Mathieu said...

I *Was* going to read that entry, but now, I'm stuck at the picture. :)

I want to see that movie!

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Chickie said...

I'm a big fan of the Bullshit show. They dig up some interesting stuff.

Gas pump handle beating is just too personal for me. You gotta get too close to the other person with that. I prefer to poke people to death with sharpened broom handles.

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i assume your questions are rhetorical. at least for me anyway...i pretty much thought...no crap...to every question.

but i still want to answer them:

Why does the nation care who the next mayor of New Orleans will be? exactly

What the fuck happened to baseball? no kidding...i liked baseball, nobody gives a sh1t anymore.

When is Harry Belafonte going to finally die? Haha

Have the Brokeback Mountain jokes finally stopped? No way jose. I love overdone stuff.

Why do we want Britney Spears to fail as mother? I have no idea. I don't understand why people want her to fail. I'm not exactly sure what she did to her haters (sarcasm). I almost want to go stick up for her at times...and that's bad.

When will the entertainment reporters and gossip columnists STOP concatenating celebrity couples names? Bennifer, Bengalina, Tom-Kat...STOP IT, IT'S FUCKING ANNOYING!!! I hope it's very soon. I'd rather chew tin foil.

Wasn't the parade for the San Francisco earthquake just a little bit weird? Haha yes.

Wouldn't you like to get President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President Hugo Chavez Frias, and President Vicente Fox Quesada in a small room and beat them with the handle of a gas pump while singing God Bless America? (No? Maybe it's just me. ) Nah...not just you...I'd love to join you.

Would you rather do that with Sean Penn, Katie Couric, and Ty Taylor? Yeah them too.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Sugarfoot said...

New Orleans; doesn't everyone love chocolate?

VX - What happened to baseball were the steroid-powered strikes by players who are only interested in the pursuit of more money to feed immoral habits

Harry Belafonte is eternal, even more so for those of us who just want it to stop!

Britney Spears, on one hand many people hate to see others succeed while at the same time rallying behind the underdog.

Chewing tin foil is probably the only sane alternative to the dieria spewing from Hollywood. Sorry to be so graphic.

San Francisco? Great food there

I'd throw the whole governing body of France and Germany into that room with a whole case of Whoop Ass.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home