Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Quick Shot

Just a few quick observations and quotes:

On Terrell Owen's public apology for being such a fucking selfish moron...
My favorite quote so far on this came from a reporter who asked T.O.'s agent point blank, "What have you done for you client in the last 5 months, besides get him fired?"

Gold, pure gold.

On Halloween on the Westside of Indianapolis:
The wife and I are walking with our son as he's Trick-Or-Treating through our neighborhood and as we come to one house I notice that there are several people on the front porch handing out candy to a boy dressed as Bob The Builder as his mom watches on from a few feet away. As my son walks up the front steps, he passes a can on the front walkway of the home. Upon, further inspection I notice it's a can of Coors Lite. My first thought is that this house is having a nice little Halloween party and some dumbfuck left his soldier behind.

So, Bob the Builder comes bounding off the porch and heads blindly down the walkway looking intently in his candy bag for his latest score. As you can probably guess, just as I'm trying to stop him, he trips over the beer.

Right before I'm about to pick up the can and hand it to the people on the porch, with a few choice words about safety...young Bob's mom reaches down, picks up the can, takes a drink, and shuffles her little construction worker on his way.

WTF?!?

My wife stops me before I ruin a perfectly good holiday for our son.

On Paris:
Would you like some Freedom Fries with that roasted Crossant?

On the new Supreme Court nominee:
GW is trying to prove a point, "Oh, so you didn't like the Old Broad...suck on this ultra-conservitive who'll set back the clocks on your asses. Fight over this one."

On LINGO:
Word - FIFT.
Meaning: Numerical value after fourth.
Sentence used: "...and we were fift in line."
Points: 12. (Story was repeated in two separate meetings.)

Word - METEOR.
Meaning: One who reconciles disputes between two parties.
Sentence used: "When you and (insert client name) have your call, I want to be your meteor."
Points: 6.

Current standings: 2nd with 899 points. (I missed a few meetings where ideal was used repeatedly.)

More later once I'm unburied at work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home