Cynical Meat Sack

New Car Smell, Old Car Exhaust.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Web Cams, another reason not to leave your couch.

Have you ever heard the term: “I’m so bored I could watch the grass grow.”

Now you can watch the leaves turn. Enjoy Indiana has set up cameras that update every 15mins so that you, the bored masses, can view the leaves turn color before clogging my gutters.

I can’t help but think of the scene from The Meaning of Life, where the leaves in a tree are so depressed they throw themselves, screaming, to their demise.

Have we come to this? Do we really live in a world where we’re so freak’n busy that we have to watch nature on a monitor?

“But, Kyu, you’re a guy working on a laptop and a PC at the same time.”

I reserve the right to wallow in my hypocrisy. However, at least I get out to do stuff like this.

And if you really want to watch grass grow, go here. But please, get out once and awhile, put the mouse down and go watch leaves end their sad existence. If you don't live in a region where the seasons change, go buy a small tree and kill it. You'll feel so much better. At least I will.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger kathi said...

I miss the fall. Loved it growing up in Indiana (although I hated that it was a sign of things to come). We don't get that much of a color change in Texas, but it balances out.
I agree...get out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home